My Mundane Musings

Growing up I longed for the fast paced life of big city life and corporate America. Now I’m a stay at home mom of 4 in a small rural community! And I wouldn’t have it any other way! (At least for now).

Monday July 25, 2005 July 25, 2005

Filed under: Uncategorized — Rebekah Sanders @ 11:47 pm

I got several emails today asking if I was ok and where I was and the answer is I’m not really ok.

Last night as we were getting ready for our small group, I walked out the door to run across the yard to get something from the church.  We have concrete steps going down from the porch and I rolled my ankle just as I stepped to go down the first step.  Thankfully there are only three steps.  I didn’t break anything or even sprain anything, but I’m plenty achy from my fall and have been keeping my feet put up when I can.

This weekend just disappeared on me.  I was sick on Saturday all day and ended up sleeping most of the afternoon.  I got up and worked on laundry for the rest of the evening and pretty much wasted the entire day.  I’m still battling an awful summer cold, but I was feeling better yesterday – at least until I fell.

This morning, we got up and ready and took Seth to the dr for his 2 month well baby check.  WOW! I knew he’d grown, but he’s a big boy – 13lbs 11oz and 23.5 inches long.  He’ll be 3 months a week from tomorrow.  Poor little guy had to get FOUR immunizations (and yes I asked to make sure they were mercury free) and just cried and cried.  I felt awful about it.  He’s been running a low-grade fever and just not really feeling well after all the trauma.  We went to Walmart tonight and I bought him a little toy and he really likes it and actually gave me a smile when I was playing with him.  It was the first time my smiley guy had smiled all day.  Hopefully he’ll be feeling better in the morning.

After his appt, we picked up the girls going to camp this year and drove them over to the campground in Carlinville.  It was 102 degrees at the campground when we dropped them off.  I’m glad all of the facilities are air conditioned because I imagine there would be a lot of sick kids if they weren’t.  We’ll go back to pick them up on Friday morning.

We got home on time to hear our sitter tell Noah he needed to lay down and take a nap.  He was really being a pill.  But she was right and he was indeed tired.  About 15 minutes after we got home, he curled up in Chip’s lap with Seth and both of the boys fell asleep.

I got dinner made and then it was time to take the kids out to the community VBS.  While they were there, we ran up and did some shopping at Walmart and got back on time to pick up the kids.  They had a great time and can’t wait until it’s time to go again tomorrow evening.  Personally, I’m looking forward to the quiet time every evening for an entire week.  I might even go over to Bible study on Wednesday night since it’s just me and Seth.

So, that’s where I’ve been.  Even when I’m not feeling well or sore, it’s still go, go, go all the time.  I’ve got some different topics that I’d like to blog about, but we’ll have to save that for another time.  It’s time for bed!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s