I can remember growing up when adults would tell me that as you get older time goes faster. I never quite understood that. I think it’s one of those things you can’t fully appreciate until you’re past 25. And it’s not so much that time passes more quickly, but that the time a year takes is a significantly smaller percentage of your life at the age of 3 than it is at the age of 13, or even 23. Let’s take a look back at the last year and hit some highlights:
- Noah moved out of the crib and into a “big boy bed” (was that really just a year ago?)
Kait fell in the creek while sledding and we chose a name for our baby boy
We FINALLY got Kait’s room painted
- We had a huge Superbowl party for our small group – and I made entirely too much food! And got the bathroom finished before everyone arrived!
- A dog came to church.
- Chip and I went away to Chicago for a few days for a Ministers Getaway. We spent a wonderful time in services with Jim Cymbala and had lots of free time to spend shopping and just being together.
- We got a much needed new mattress.
- Girl Scout cookies are IN and we almost burned down the house!
- Target (and STARBUCKS) opens in Decatur!
- Easter 2005 and pics
- My computer died !
- I turned 30 and got a new computer!
- Noah turned 3!
- One word – bedrest! Or should I say “torture”!
- Elijah turns 8! (And I was on bedrest and completely missed blogging about it! YIKES!)
- May 2nd – Seth Daniel Sanders is born!
- My Mom & sister and Chip’s aunt visit central IL
- Seth’s baby dedication
- Some May pics of the kids
- Kait played her first t-ball game!
- Spent some time in Kenosha with my family.
- Traveled to Minnesota to see friends and family – pics
- Fell in love with Ikea!
- We got a new kitten
- Friends from Nebraska came to visit
- Went to a St. Louis Cardinals game and rode STL public transportation for the first and LAST time!
- I finally “got connected” and got my own cell phone
- Celebrated our 9th anniversay
- I started changing my eating habits earnestly. The end result was by the end of December I had lost 20 lbs!
- Chip turned 30 – and died his hair BLUE for his surprise party! He wasn’t surprised, but others sure were!
- Hurricane Katrina rips apart the Gulf Coast
- The Pana Parade and
- Added another addition to our family – Brewser
- 4 year anniversary of 9/11 and the attack on America
- Went to Bloomington for our annual PW retreat
- Elijah went to his first PK retreat
- Spent 10 days in Kenosha for my sister‘s wedding, a week of vacation and my cousin’s wedding (that I had to get all dolled up for)
- Learned you can NOT dry socks in the microwave
- Chip entered the blogosphere!
- Chip goes to Youth Convention in Springfield
- The storm and the aftermath
- Kait turns 6!
- A *gasp* PLASTIC Christmas tree! and decorations!
- Chip fixed the washer! My HERO!
- Elijah’s first speaking part in a “production“
- Chip’s mom almost died – thankfully she’s well now after a pacemaker was installed.
- Christmas 2005 (pictures yet to come!)
And there it is folks – the year in review! Hard to believe how much has changed (and how much hasn’t) in the past year! See you in 2006!