1. Princess Di was killed in car crash? I really don’t remember. I’ve never been a big fan.
2. OJ’s White Bronco gettaway? I was at my Gram’s watching the coverage with her.
3. Waco Branch Dividians set fire to their compound? I was a senior in high school and this was a really big deal. I had just covered the story for our school paper and we were ready to go to press when it happened and I had to do a re-write to make it more up to the minute.
4. When the Space Shuttle exploded in the sky? I was in elementary school, watching on television.
5. When the Space Shuttle crashed into the ground in Texas? I was asleep.
6. When 9-11 happened? I probably remember this one the most vividly. I was pregnant with Noah at the time and had horrible “middle of the night” sickness and had been up all night so Chip was letting me sleep in. All of a sudden I heard him running up the stairs. He launched into the bedroom and said, “I think you need to come watch this. A plane just flew into the Twin Towers. I think our country is under attack.” I got up and sat on the couch at watched coverage for the next week – much like most of America and the world.
7. When the Columbine shootings happened? In class. I was still in college.
8. When Timothy McVeigh was executed? Don’t remember.
9. When we invaded Iraq? Watching the news.
10. When Katrina hit? Watching the news.