Here you go mommies – a different kind of survey for a change – it’s all about your first born!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
No, it wasn’t. We got pg on our honeymoon – on the wedding night according the dr. That’s right folks, you really can get pregnant the very first time you have sex!
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Just barely! ROFL!
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Honestly, I was not happy at all. I mean, we had a 5 year plan. We were so not planning on having kids at that time. I’m pretty sure reasons like this are why God gives you 9 months to get used to the idea of having a baby!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I was 21 when I got pregnant, 22 when he was born.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I was about 2 weeks late and sick. I had a feeling but was hoping I was late from wedding stress. We bought a test and I took it at home. I wouldn’t even go look at the test – I made Chip do it. He came out beaming and I knew the answer.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Chip called his parents. It took a couple days and then I eventually called and told my Gram.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
We did – but our ob didn’t do routine ultrasounds. She said too many times they find something they think is a problem and it turns out to be nothing. She doesn’t like to put that kind of stress on her patients.
9. DUE DATE?
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
YES! I threw up for 9 months!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Funny story! I craved chocolate milkshakes! One day, I made Chip drive to get me a chocolate milkshake. We drove to McDonald’s and their shake machine was broken. We tried Arbys – they had just started a new batch and it would be a 20 minutes wait! Burger king’s shake machine was broken altogether. I think I finally settled for a Frosty from Wendy’s that day. OH! And I also craved breadsticks from Pizza Hut. No wonder Elijah is such a Pizza Hut fan.
12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
People who I didn’t know at all who would walk up and rub my belly or make stupid comments about how big I was. I just wanted to smack them!
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILDS SEX?
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Nope – I knew it was a boy from day one. I just knew that Chip would get the son he so desperately wanted.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
I gained about 65lbs. He was a BIG baby though – 9lbs 14oz and his cord was more than 6ft long and weighed as much as he did.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes – a few of them. But not until after he was born.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew about it ahead of time.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Not other than morning sickness.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
University of MN – Riverside Hospital
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
3hrs, 15 min – and that was the longest one of all 4 of my kids.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
My husband, Chip.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
My husband, the ob resident, a bunch of nurses (they really thought I was going to have multiples because I was so big and going so fast and early – and since my ob never did u/s it was a real possibility), and the on-call dr from my ob office finally made it about 15 minutes he was born.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Nope – even if I’d have wanted it, by the time they got me in my room it was time to push and too late for any meds.
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH??
9lbs, 14 oz
28. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS??
The cord was wrapped around his neck, but the cord was so long there was never any real risk.
29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
10yrs, 2weeks and 1 day
*MOMMIES, Its always fun to talk about our first born…now its your turn to try the survey*