I disappeared for a few days there. I’m not even sure how it’s Wednesday already! YIKES! I’ve got a bunch of things on my mind, so I’ll just bullet them as they come to me.
- The kids had a great time at their retreat this weekend. Kait was so excited to see me when they got out of their service that she cried great big happy tears. Made me cry too! I’m such a sucker when it comes to my kids!
- Fall is finally here! Today’s high – 60 degrees! Quite a difference from 2 days ago when it was in the high 90’s!
- Our neighbor has a sweet gum tree on the edge of his property. It drops these lovely little, hard, brown balls all over our two years. He’s good about raking them up so it doesn’t bother us much – except we know what a HUGE pain their are. I read in the paper this weekend that we had a hard freeze late in the year and as a result, there are no “fruit” on the sweet gum trees. Walked outside to check it out and the article was correct! Not sure who is happier – me or the guy next door!
- Coffee is good! Good coffee is great! I would rather not drink coffee at all than have to drink a bad cup of coffee. We bought a “new coffee” last week – cheap coffee just isn’t worth it. We switched mid-bag of beans and bought something good. Much better!
- I have a rather eclectic mix on my iTunes. Probably a little bit of everything – from pop to country to hard rock. I’ve got some African dance music on there, some hip-hop worship, and a bit of everything in between. Which can be quite interesting when you set it to play through everything at random. Quite interesting!
- Middle of the night phone calls are never a good thing. Ok, maybe if someone was having a baby, but since we don’t know anyone in that current stage of life, when the phone rang at 4:30 we knew it couldn’t be good. Thankfully no one died, but someone was taken to the hospital. Chip is up there now. No idea when he’ll be home.
- Seth and I play a new “game” where we “fight” over who’s kitty Beesly is. He yells, “MY KITTY!” and then I yell right back. We change from being really loud to really soft and the other is supposed to follow. It’s been a good lesson in loud and quiet with him. Unfortunately, it’s biting me because now he’s doing it with other things too. Like last night in the store when he looked at me and said, “No, you’re going to get a spankin!” Hard to not laugh at him in situations like that – he’s so stinking cute!
- More on Seth cuteness – he’s recently started singing all the time. We were at Ruby Tuesday on Saturday and he was standing quietly next to his chair playing with the slats on the blinds on the window and singing. It was all fine and good until he got a bit too loud and realized we were all watching him. One of the fastest ways to get him to stop doing something cute is to let him catch you watching him.
Ok, I think that’s it for now. I’ve got another completely different topic for late, but I want to go and do a bit of study on the topic first. Sometimes I just don’t think my brain works like others’ do.