- I learned something new about my husband tonight. One of his questions for God? “What’s the deal with all the pomegranates in the Bible?”
- Amazing service this morning.
- Missionary friends shared about the ministry they are involved in in Central Asia. She was my roommate in college. Amazing time catching up and really getting to know her husband and kids!
- I threw a roast in the crockpot for lunch today. The crockpot is an AMAZING invention. I’d love to shake the hand of the person who invented it!
- We live in a little, itty bitty town. But we have our own fireworks distributor. So we get free displays starting about this time of year as they get things ready for Independence Day. The older three and Chip are outside watching right now from the yard. I’m inside with Seth who is absolutely convinced that the lights are pretty but the noise is because it’s thundering and going to rain on him. He won’t go out there. Should make July 4th interesting. Especially since I *love* fireworks and we see at least three displays each year.
- We have officially hit the time of year where I just FREEZE everywhere I go. My body does not acclimate to air conditioning well. I’m glad that we can get a signal from our router out on the porch. I’m out there a lot.
- I’ve got a new favorite song we sing at church. In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found. This line gets me every time: “No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me. From life’s first cry, to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny. No power of hell, nor scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand. ‘Til he returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I’ll STAND!”