It just amazes me how many people request my simplest recipes. I’ve gotten more calls for the recipe for crockpot pizza this week than has ever happened before when I mentioned making something. If y’all love simple, you’re going to *love* this recipe…
What You’ll Need
- 1 box rotini (spiral noodles)
- 1 pkg of pizza cheese (I buy it already shredded)
- pizza sauce (I *think* I use 3-4 jars – it’s about the equivalent of a normal size jar of spaghetti sauce)
- 1 lb ground beef or Italian sausage
- Anything else you would normally put on your favorite pizza (onions, black olives, peppers, etc…)
Prepare noodles according to pkg instructions. Saute garlic and then brown hamburger or Italian sausage.
Layer in crock-pot: sauce (it keeps the noodles from sticking the bottom), noodles, meat, pepperoni (and any other toppings), cheese, sauce, noodles, meat, toppings, cheese, etc… until all ingredients are gone.
Cook for 30 minutes and then switch to warm until you’re ready to eat. If you cook it too long, the sauce will start to stick to the sides.
It’s super simple and really yummy! My kids request it all the time. It’s what we’re having tonight. And if it our oven wasn’t broken, we’d have garlic bread on the side.
If you try it, come back and let me know! I’d love to hear how you put your own twist on it!