I have a list a mile long that I wanted to tackle this week. Chip’s was even longer than my own.
However, yesterday brought some interesting changes to those lists.
Chip went to the doctor and was given some steroid shots and told absolutely no working around the house for a few days.
I started jury duty. Thought I’d paid my dues and was then selected at random for a SECOND jury on the same day (which would be fine if there weren’t people who were never even brought before the counsel who didn’t serve on a jury at all who were dismissed – *that* kind of chaps me!).
So, my “tackle it” for today is to tackle the list making! All those things that are piling up while I’m sitting in a courtroom listening to a case. Because until I get all of this down, it’s going to be increasingly hard to concentrate. Because I’m a mom of FOUR, y’all! And my mind is never still. Even when I’m asleep, there are times that I’ll dream what needs to be done, or I’ll be adding stuff to my Google Calendar in my dream (which amazingly makes it easier to remember those things when I wake up). And it’s REALLY hard to not get frustrated with people who should have just paid the fine for the traffic violation instead of wasting my time and making me come into court to tell him that, yes, indeed sir, you are guilty! *sigh*
So, here’s what I would be doing today if I weren’t sitting in a courtroom…
- Babysitting (my wonderful husband is on “vacation” this week and is watching the kids that I normally watch. The man is nothing short of a SAINT, y’all! (reason #13,467, 984 that I love him oh so very much!)
- Scrubbing the kitchen floor – because the organic stuff is *not* cutting it anymore and the chemical stuff will kill us. It’s going to take the organic stuff and some serious elbow grease to get it clean.
- Baking cookies because I just really, really want them!
- Shopping around online for the best price for Elijah’s curriculum for 5th grade which starts in just a couple weeks so it’s probably about time to get it ordered, right?
- Sorting through all of the “stuff” was big on our list of things to do this week. We want to downsize. We want to have less stuff so we can spend less time cleaning our “stuff” and more time investing in people. Which will be easier to do if we have less stuff because that means our house will be more clean more often.
- Craigslist-ing and freecycling said stuff.
- Getting ready for our mini-vacation this weekend. Oh the lists that still need to be made for that adventure!
And there is oh so much more that I could be doing if I was going to be home!
Football started last night and Elijah is loving every second of it! I haven’t heard even one complaint about it from him yet. I’m so glad that he loves it even if I hate the idea of him being beat on by kids that are so very much larger than him!
And Noah comes home tonight. I don’t think that Chip’s dad had thought about stopping to drop him off on his way home until I mentioned it tonight. I really hope he doesn’t forget because I’m thinking I might have to send Chip down to get him otherwise. I’m ready for my boy to be home! He’s only been gone a few days, but with all the back-and-forthedness to Chip’s parents in the last few weeks, I feel like I haven’t really seen him in a month! I’m ready for him to be HOME!!!
So, that’s what’s going on with us. What are you tackling today?